Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father Time

Last weekend was decent. Had a good ride in Seattle with one of my best friends. Well, actually after kind of a scattered start to the morning (which included the friend hitting another car on the way into the park, and me forgetting my helmet which made us have to go get another one)we got started on one of the hardest rides I have ever done.

So on the way home, since Sunday was Father's Day, I decided to spend the day with the folks. Dad and I went out to play nine holes. While it was nice, it was a further reminder of why I have such a hard time spending time with my parents. My Dad will be 75 in December and there are times he shows his age. I guess no one wants to think about their parents getting old, and it seems like I am thinking about it more and more. I am thankful that he is healthy, but it makes me sad when I see he can't do some of the stuff he loves because he just doesn't have the movement. Its even worse when he starts talking about things and events he won't live long enough to see.

I feel bad my two sisters are not around more to share in this time of Dad's life. I wish they were, if maybe only because it would give me someone else to bounce feelings off of.

And to top things off, I have a gigantic zit on my forhead that I think just keeps getting bigger. Sheesh.

No comments: