Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Taking time out for something positive

Ok, enough of the doom and gloom for one post.

I just had one of the most amazing weekends I have had in a long time. Amazing not because I did anything special just amazing because of who it was spent with.

I spent the vast majority of the three day weekend with two other couples. Its kind of interesting because of the three couples, you have one couple who's been dating for a few months, one couple who just got engaged, and then there's Sherman and I who've been married for 2+ years. Makes for some interesting dynamics, but always fun.

What made this amazing was that for the first time I felt like I had a social life in the Tri-Cities. We hung around people who were close to our age, childless, and wanted to go out and have a good time. I have missed this feeling as the only people I really get this with are my two best friends who live far away in opposite directions. So anyway, fun times.

And now I can go back to gloom. I am once again reminded about how much I hate applying for new jobs. Ug.

No comments: