Monday, August 9, 2010

coming along...

Well...we're coming up on 35 weeks. I was reading online today that our girl is over 5 lbs already which was kind of the only highlight to my other dismal day. Every day I find more acceptance in this coming life change and more excitement at the thought of being done with being pregnant and getting to meet the baby.

Still...things just seem so strange. Strange to think of all the things that have been done for me by my parents are now my responsibility to do for my daughter. Strange to think that forever more I am responsibile for another human being. Motherhood is not a concept that has ever been real "natural" for me - but it's coming. Another 5 weeks or so to get even closer to those feelings of acceptance and excitement.

On a lighter note - I am currently watching a National Geographic special on the evolution of the dog...and it is rather fascinating! If you get a chance to catch it, I highly recommend. Okay...it's late - gotta hit the sack.

No comments: