Friday, June 26, 2009

very cool night

So I just have to share with you all (all 3 of you) a really cool experience I had tonight. I went down to Ice Harbor Brew pub (the original location) with the sole purpose of having 1 beer, being a weird stalker in the corner, to get some video of the life there to finish my project for one of my classes. Well, I sat by myself at a table for quite some time nursing my beer (their "Summer Lager" which I have to say is quite good). The bar had a solo guitarist playing and I had already talked to him to let him know I would be taping and that I wanted to interview him. Well, I was patiently waiting for him to finish his set so I could get my interview and leave, and the table next to me asked me if I wanted to join them.

Now I have to say, I think people my age don't just ask strangers to join their table of friends. I am so glad these people did, because they ended up being the neatest group of people I have met in a very long time. I don't often go out by myself (because, lets face it - it's not very fun or a very cool thing to do) but on this night - going out by myself enabled me to me some really cool people, hear some really great music, and hopefully get enough good footage to get an A on my project!

I'm just smiling right now. :)

No comments: