Monday, April 7, 2008

So I took a year (or so) off....

Committment has never been one of my strong suits. Its never been a weak suit either, but its been a suit of sorts none the less.

When I started this over a year ago (started, with yes, one post) my intent was to bury my despression in an blog. This blog was not going to be directly linked to me, but rather used as an outlet for my emotions and need to write.

And now, more than a year later, I find I still want to blog, but for different reasons. I want to identify myself because I want to be accountable. Accountable if I don't write, and accountable for what I write. Today I write for different reasons, and for a new purpose.

I believe I have the potential to become something great. I don't know what that great is, but I hope it will be something. If nothing else, this blog will be a project I can work on when all the authors of my favorite blogs decide to quit writing.

So, where to start? I think I will start with redefining where this blog is going to go. This is an overview of my life - my constant struggle with my weight, my struggles in my somewhat still new marriage, my struggles in a new job, and my struggles in accomplishing my greatness.

If I do commit, this blog may turn into an update place for our live events - which may (or may not) include a baby in the future. The status of that depends on who you are talking to - me or my spouse. But then again, this is my blog, so maybe we don't need to hear about the spouses opinion.

No comments: