Monday, December 8, 2008

Body Combat training


Sucked and Rocked all at the same time.

You know, the funny thing about doing something truely challenging is the great feeling you have once it's done. Last weekend I spent 27 hours (yes, you read that right) at my gym training to become certified to teach this kickboxing-like program. It was a very hard and exhausting class (constantly moving, working on technique, chorey, etc) and I was doing something that I didn't have a lot of experience in.

When I went through this same type of training to teach my spinning class, I had already been teaching for 6 months. I went in acting like I knew everything and left humbled. This time, I walked in acting like I knew nothing (which was close to the truth) and left feeling like Rocky. I passed the training and as soon as my gym gets the program launched I am cleared to teach. I am so excited.

It is so nice when you can surpass your own expectations. I love that feeling.

Speaking of expectations - the DH lost his wedding ring. And I wasn't mad at all. Why? Because I expected him to do it. Every single married man I know has lost his wedding band at some point or another. He is way more pissed than I am. Which is probably good - because once we replace it, hopefully he won't lose it again.

No comments: